Ken Carmean: Raku FiringFrom 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Two sessions of raku firing at the Sonoma Community Center! Choose one or both 3 hour sessions, 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm. Bring your own bisqued pieces; single workshop fee allows you to fill 1/2 of a 17″ kiln shelf.
- Students must provide their own bisqueware, any clay type is OK to use.
- Glazes are provided and you can glaze your work ahead of time at the Sonoma Community Center. Glazes are located in gas kiln room.
- Do not wear synthetic clothing. Please wear full length pants, sleeves and closed toe shoes, sunglasses, and mask.
- A designated shelf will be marked in the gas kiln room for storage of glazed work 48 hours before the firing.
- Please bring plenty of dry, non-shiny newspaper, horse hair, etc. for firing effects.
$20 for members per 1/2 17″ kiln shelf per session. ($20 minimum)
$30 for non-members per 1/2 17″ kiln shelf per session. ($30 minimum)
For more information and registration click here