Whitney Smith – One Day Workshop: The Business of Clay – January 26, 2020, 10am–4pmFrom 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
You love clay so much that you’ve decided to live the dream and make it into a business. How can you take your expertise at making beautiful ceramics and translate that into a profitable business that will support your passion for pottery? Whether you want to turn your ceramics into a side hustle or a full-time gig, set yourself up for success by taking the workshop Business of Clay.
Whitney Smith, a potter with over 20 years of experience selling her pottery full-time, will teach this one-day workshop.
Topics will include:
- The reality of turning your passion into a money-making enterprise.
- The details and costs of pottery production and writing up a basic business plan.
- Getting a business license, resale number, and business insurance.
- Get comfortable with numbers by making a budget while tracking income and expenses.
- Scaling up, raising money, hiring employees, and growing your business.
- Marketing, social media, and connecting with customers.
- Marketing, selling and customer service.
Cost: $150 (PS members & PS students $125)
For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online at: https://www.berkeleypottersstudio.com/workshops
The Potters’ Studio 1221 8th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710 (510) 528-3286